Detroit News - Michigan Index Detroit News - Michigan Index       TheWolverine.com TheWolverine.com       MGoBlue.com MGoBlue.com       GoBlueWolverine.com GoBlueWolverine.com       Detroit Free Press- Michigan Index Detroit Free Press- Michigan Index
Stadium and Main: Hopes, Expectations, and Things I Wanna See (Pt. 2)

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hopes, Expectations, and Things I Wanna See (Pt. 2)

A few things before I get into it: (1) Michigan Replay starts this Sunday, and can be seen nationwide at various times on Fox Sports Detroit, Fox College Sports Atlantic, and CSTV (if you have any of those channels), and (2) ESPN College Gameday starts at 10 a.m. Eastern this year, a half-hour earlier than in previous seasons. More college football = good. More of "that old man that looks like an owl" (credit: my girlfriend) = bad.

Anyhow, this is the second of a few posts where I list some arbitrary hopes, expectations, and things I wanna see this season...

- I hope Chad Henne has improved his “touch.” If we are going to be throwing to the TEs more, he will need to loft a few passes over the LBs, because his usual bullets will be picked off.

- I expect Kevin Grady to be significantly better, though I also expect that we might not notice it if Mike Hart gets the vast majority of the carries, as is the general consensus.

- I wanna see Zoltan Mesko win the punting job. 38 yard punts with no returns are fine, but if the Legend of Zoltan is true, he can change field position in a matter of seconds, which is something Michigan has sorely lacked in recent years.

- Speaking of kickers, I hope Ross Ryan’s deep kickoffs aren’t affected too much by the new shorter tees, although I’m sure they will be.

- I expect Obi Oluigbo to be the starting FB, and I expect him to be called for a false start at least once. I’ve watched his few appearances at FB multiple times, and he always seems to get a head start towards the line of scrimmage. He’s gonna get flagged one of these times, and Lloyd is gonna freak.

- I wanna see Michigan double the gunners on punt coverage. How frustrating is it when Breaston can’t even get going because the gunners are already on top of him? Double the gunners, and Breaston can at least attempt to do the rest.

- I hope the D-line plays to its potential. The Northwestern and Nebraska games give me hope, but that was against weak OLs.

- I expect plenty of rotation amongst the Safeties. While Jamar Adams and Ryan Mundy will probably start most games, Brandent Englemon and Willis Barringer have tons of experience and will see plenty of snaps. Note that True Sophomore Brandon Harrison has moved to CB, so the four-man rotation at Safety is comprised of Juniors and Seniors. What they lack in speed they make up for in experience.

- I wanna see the Michigan-Ohio State game in HD. Shame on ABC for not having this game in HD yet (and it looks like they don’t plan on changing that this year, either).

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

That game was pain, for sure. A classic "Michigan" loss.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Detroit News - Michigan Index Detroit News - Michigan Index       TheWolverine.com TheWolverine.com       MGoBlue.com MGoBlue.com       GoBlueWolverine.com GoBlueWolverine.com       Detroit Free Press - Michigan Index Detroit Free Press - Michigan Index