Detroit News - Michigan Index Detroit News - Michigan Index       TheWolverine.com TheWolverine.com       MGoBlue.com MGoBlue.com       GoBlueWolverine.com GoBlueWolverine.com       Detroit Free Press- Michigan Index Detroit Free Press- Michigan Index
Stadium and Main: Hopes, Expectations, and Things I Wanna See (Pt. 1)

Friday, August 11, 2006

Hopes, Expectations, and Things I Wanna See (Pt. 1)

This will be the first of a few posts where I list some arbitrary hopes, expectations, and things I wanna see this season. With only 3 weeks until the season opener, it’s time to rock ‘n’ roll. And, yes, I realize that “wanna” is not a word. [P.S. For the 17 of you that visit this site semi-regularly, my next post will be on Tuesday. Long weekend in Beantown, y’all.]

And away we go...

- I hope we have better luck with injuries (or lack thereof) this season. We have to, right?

- I expect the Defense to be better. If it isn’t, I will be severely disappointed.

- I wanna see Mike Hart break a screen pass for a huge gain. This is one of the few things that Hart hasn’t been able to do yet, possibly due to our predictable play-calling. With an alleged change in Offensive philosophy, and a new (yet old) Offensive Coordinator, maybe the screen won’t be as obvious this year.

- I hope our Linebackers improve their play. I really, really hope so.

- Speaking of LBs, I expect Shawn Crable to have more than a handful of batted passes (with those crazy-lanky arms).

- I wanna see Adrian Arrington catching jump balls for TDs. If our Offense is gonna be successful, we need someone with that Braylon-like mid-air adjustment ability. Henne was “raised” on that his Freshman year, and clearly missed it last season. No offense to Breaston or Manningham, but we need that tall, athletic WR.

- I hope Mike Kolodziej has a healthy and productive year at Right Tackle. Last year was a bit scary for the Offensive Line, but weird and really scary for Kolodziej.

- I expect True Freshman RB Carlos Brown to fumble a punt or kick return, primarily because Lloyd will have him so afraid to do so.

- Despite that, I wanna see Carlos Brown returning punts and/or kicks, primarily because having All-America CB Leon Hall do so is just asking for trouble. And, no offense Leon, but you’re not that good at it (returns for TDs against Indiana don’t count).

1 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

It would be great to see half of those things. In regards to the defense being better, how about a return to the run stuffing defenses that WE were "raised" on. I remember when teams couldn't run on Michigan. The secondary used to get burned a new arm hole like they do now but at least the run defense was ALWAYS breaking up plays in the backfield. That's the primary reason why I loved Michigan football growing up(and still do despite what has transpired since '97).

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Detroit News - Michigan Index Detroit News - Michigan Index       TheWolverine.com TheWolverine.com       MGoBlue.com MGoBlue.com       GoBlueWolverine.com GoBlueWolverine.com       Detroit Free Press - Michigan Index Detroit Free Press - Michigan Index