Detroit News - Michigan Index Detroit News - Michigan Index       TheWolverine.com TheWolverine.com       MGoBlue.com MGoBlue.com       GoBlueWolverine.com GoBlueWolverine.com       Detroit Free Press- Michigan Index Detroit Free Press- Michigan Index
Stadium and Main: Off-Topic Tuesday: DBP and RHCP

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Off-Topic Tuesday: DBP and RHCP

I can swim, too!Do you remember that Time Life commercial for the animal videos, with the Duck-billed Platypus? That thing ran for about 9 years. I know, because I watched TV for 9 years straight during that time period - ask my parents. That commercial was on at least twice an hour during the afternoons. They were targeting all markets, as well, with commercials running during cartoons, sports, the Phil Donahue show, and everything in-between. Long live the Duck-billed Platypus!

2 parts hilarious, 1 part creepyDo you remember the video for Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “My Friends?” The one where they are in the small boat? I was fortunate enough to catch it on my DVR the other day, while watching VH1 Classic. I would post it if I knew how to do that stuff. Needless to say, if you ever saw the video, then you don’t need me to post it, because it was the most craze thing you’ve ever seen. Those images are burned into my brain. I hope you were fortunate enough to have them burned into yours, circa 1994. Even better than the picture posted to the right, which is hard to believe…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Detroit News - Michigan Index Detroit News - Michigan Index       TheWolverine.com TheWolverine.com       MGoBlue.com MGoBlue.com       GoBlueWolverine.com GoBlueWolverine.com       Detroit Free Press - Michigan Index Detroit Free Press - Michigan Index