Detroit News - Michigan Index Detroit News - Michigan Index       TheWolverine.com TheWolverine.com       MGoBlue.com MGoBlue.com       GoBlueWolverine.com GoBlueWolverine.com       Detroit Free Press- Michigan Index Detroit Free Press- Michigan Index
Stadium and Main: Are things going too smoothly?

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Are things going too smoothly?

Over the past few days, I think I’ve seen too much. Too much “this is a National Championship Defense.” Too much “the OSU game could be a ‘Game of the Century’ scenario.” Too many mind-boggling stats. I think we need to tone it down – just a bit.

I’m not sure where I'm at, mentally (insert Nick is insane joke here). I’m definitely not ready to call this a “title run,” or even a “potential title run.” And I’m sure that plenty of others are equally hesitant. Dave says “you may almost begin to believe.” Brian says “Lucy, I am ready to kick the football.”

But one thing is different for me this year – I’m not very nervous. I’m not dreading anything, which is saying something (for me). When we were tied with Wisconsin in the 3rd Quarter, I wasn’t nervous. When the Defense is on the field, I’m not nervous. When I think about the next few games, I’m not nervous (OK, maybe except for the night game at PSU). Maybe it’s because Mike Hart is healthy, or because Jim Herrmann is nowhere to be seen on the sidelines. Maybe it’s because Mario can go deep whenever he wants, and we appear to be trying to get it to him. Or maybe it’s because the pressure isn’t on us... yet. I’m just not that concerned, and I hope the team isn’t, either. If they continue to play aggressively, we can make some noise. If you see anything that reminds you of the bad parts of 2005 (and there were quite a few), start to worry. Until then, let’s just relax and take it one game at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Detroit News - Michigan Index Detroit News - Michigan Index       TheWolverine.com TheWolverine.com       MGoBlue.com MGoBlue.com       GoBlueWolverine.com GoBlueWolverine.com       Detroit Free Press - Michigan Index Detroit Free Press - Michigan Index