Detroit News - Michigan Index Detroit News - Michigan Index       TheWolverine.com TheWolverine.com       MGoBlue.com MGoBlue.com       GoBlueWolverine.com GoBlueWolverine.com       Detroit Free Press- Michigan Index Detroit Free Press- Michigan Index
Stadium and Main: Luxury Boxes and NIT Repercussions

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Luxury Boxes and NIT Repercussions

I'm sure that I will want to comment on this "Luxury Boxes in the Big House" thing more in the future, but for now, I think this article by Jim Carty of the Ann Arbor News sums up my general feelings.

Meanwhile, Michigan SuperFan (yes, the Batman-lookin' dude) is a bit frustrated with Michigan Athletics - primarily Michigan Basketball under Tommy Amaker. While I might not agree with everything in his impassioned vent, I am 100% behind this quote:

"What do you demand Michigan fans? What do you expect from the great University of Michigan!? Do you expect to continue a century-long tradition of being the Leaders and Best... or are you complacent enough to let it slip away one year at a time as Alamo Bowls, Citrus Bowls, NIT bids, losses to Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Michigan State continue to pile up like debris on a beach after a hurricane."

I think it is safe to say that 2006 will be a very important year for many Michigan programs. I'm hoping for the best, but I'm not holding my breath...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

any comments on the NYT article from yesterday on the luxury box issue?

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Detroit News - Michigan Index Detroit News - Michigan Index       TheWolverine.com TheWolverine.com       MGoBlue.com MGoBlue.com       GoBlueWolverine.com GoBlueWolverine.com       Detroit Free Press - Michigan Index Detroit Free Press - Michigan Index